+1 to running your private test suite on RCs.

I guess no one thinks they are using a project in an ‘unconventional way’, so
let’s expand on that a little. If you run into a bug that no one else has seen,
that’s an indication that using Calcite differently than other people. (Nothing
wrong with that, by the way. It’s exciting when people apply Calcite to new
problems!) Please log the bug, but also take the time to review the tests in
that area, and write and contribute additional tests if necessary. During that
testing, you may or may not find additional bugs. It’s good for both you and us
that you discover bugs early.

Julian