I would like to make a release candidate and start a vote this evening
(i.e. 11 hours from now). In three hours I shall close the main
branch.

If you are a committer and there is a PR that you would like to merge,
please either do it in the next three hours or reply to this email
asking for permission.

There is a PR with draft release notes [
https://github.com/apache/calcite/pull/2902 ]. Please review. I won't
merge the PR, but I will rebase it onto the release branch after
fixing any issues.

Julian