The site and javadocs are automatically published when a release is tagged using this workflow: https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/main/.github/workflows/publish-website-on-release.yml

New news items should be automatically published via this workflow: https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/main/.github/workflows/publish-non-release-website-updates.yml

I can see that the workflow for the news item failed due to the commit on site being on main already: https://github.com/apache/calcite/runs/8286036230?check_suite_focus=true

Did you manually cherry-pick/rebase the commit to main? I think I'll need update the workflow to account for this edge case.

Francis

On 11/09/2022 2:57 am, Julian Hyde wrote:
Does anyone (probably a previous release manager) know whether the
site, javadoc, news are published automatically by release scripts?

It seems that the site and javadoc are generated automatically on release.

But if I add a news item after the release and push it to main, does
the site get regenerated? It doesn't seem so [1]. The instructions
seem to indicate that pushing to the 'site' branch is sufficient [2].

Julian

[1] https://calcite.apache.org/news/

[2] https://calcite.apache.org/docs/howto.html#publishing-a-release