Hello Everyone,

I think that CALCITE-5362 [1, 2] is ready to be merged. It consists in spatial
measurement functions of a relatively low complexity. Each function is covered
by several test cases in the spatial.iq file.

Similarly, CALCITE-5280 [3, 4] is in a decent shape. The ST_Union, ST_Collect,
and ST_Accum functions are working and are accompanied by tests. I think that
the main point of caution is the creation of the operator table for the spatial
type extension [5]. Here, I had to create a schema to register the functions
and use a catalog reader to add them to the operator table.

Would someone be ready to review these PRs?

Best,

Bertil

[1] https://github.com/apache/calcite/pull/2962
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-5362