Hello Calcite Devs,
I wanted to thank everyone for the recent release of Calcite 1.33.  I am the
PMC Chair for Apache Drill and we just released Drill 1.21[0] which is now
using the latest version of Calcite instead of our 2-3 year old fork!

However, we encountered a small issue with Calcite 1.33 that does not affect
just Drill.  Specifically, there was a regression which was caused by
CALCITE-5447[1] which effectively broke the DATE_TRUNC function.   The bugfix
has been fixed and merged in CALCITE-5522[2].

In any event, given that this function is fairly important and the lengthy
release schedules of both Drill and Calcite, I wanted to ask whether the
Calcite might consider doing a quick bugfix release with this and any other
regressions that may have popped up in 1.33 and have since been fixed.

Thank you very much for all your work!
Best,
-- Charles

[0]: