Thanks and understood Stamatis. At some point in the future (not in the context of this RC) it would be nice to bounce around ideas about making syntax optional. I have no idea what mechanism, if any, might support something like "iff application has set FLAG_FOO then include the parsing logic for FOO".

P.S. Please don't read this as a complaint. On the contrary, we love getting fixes, speed-ups and new syntax and features from Calcite for free (e.g. QUALIFY recently). And we're appreciative of the acceleration of the current release, we'd just like to share and test ideas with you.