Hey everyone,

I currently maintain the phoenix-hbase-all-in-one docker image [1] for running Avatica Go integration tests against Phoenix. The image itself is pretty old and it's been a long while since I updated it.

Recently, Docker has announced that free team organizations will be deleted in a month, which means that the image will no longer be available, as it is currently hosted in a free team organization that I control.

As a temporary work around, I can move the image to my own/personal docker hub account, but I would like to look for a more permanent solution, as it's also possible docker might delete or start charging for personal accounts in the future.

I have sent an email to dev@phoenix [2] to see if they would like to maintain the image. The plus side of this is that if they implement a GitHub Actions workflow, they should be able to have docker images of Phoenix and HBase published automatically with each release. The downside is that when I raised the issue a few years ago, there didn't seem to be much interest.

I would like to gauge community interest in terms of using Avatica Go and Phoenix as the library contains code specifically for handling and testing against Phoenix [3] [4]. Is this integration still being used by Phoenix users? Should we remove Phoenix support to avoid this issue altogether?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Francis

[1] https://hub.docker.com/r/boostport/hbase-phoenix-all-in-one
[2] https://hub.docker.com/r/boostport/hbase-phoenix-all-in-one
[3] https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica-go/tree/main/phoenix