Community over Code (ApacheCon) East Asia is happening in August, and
the call for papers closes in LESS THAN A WEEK [1].

I'm proud of how many Calcite community members we have in China and
East Asia, and I appreciate the constant stream of excellent and
innovative contributions.

If you are one of those people, I encourage you to attend the
conference, or, better, submit a talk proposal. This is a great
opportunity to bring new people into the Calcite community, to
convince projects and companies based in China that Calcite is a good
core technology, or just to get to know each other better.

I have attended several ApacheCon conferences in the US and Canada,
and they have helped me gain an understanding of what Apache does, and
make some lasting friendships with people in other projects.

If you have an interesting talk about Calcite, please submit it!

I believe that there is travel assistance available for those who need
financial help getting to the event [2].

Julian

[1] https://apachecon.com/acasia2023/cfp.html
[2] https://tac.apache.org/