Apache Calcite's Project Management Committee (PMC) has invited Mihai
Budiu to become a committer, and we are pleased to announce that he
has accepted.

Mihai has addressed numerous compile and runtime issues in SQL
functions and has made several significant improvements to the test
infrastructure to enhance code coverage, quality, and stability. In
addition to code contributions, Mihai is highly active on the mailing
list, where he answers questions, assists others, and shares ideas for
future improvements. Mihai has also been writing blogs and giving
talks about Calcite at various events and conferences, showcasing
Calcite in both simple and more advanced use cases, which can greatly
contribute to the growth of the community.

Mihai, welcome, thank you for your contributions, and we look forward
to your further interactions with the community! If you wish, please
feel free to tell us more about yourself and what you are working on.

As your first commit, please add yourself to the contributors list [1]
and the community page will re-generate [2].

Stamatis (on behalf of the Apache Calcite PMC)

[1] https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/main/site/_data/contributors.yml
[2] https://calcite.apache.org/community/#project-members