Since this would require a force push, I would suggest fetching from the
remote first and then making sure you rebase if necessary while squashing
then use --force-with-lease instead of --force to make sure any changes
that may have been pushed are incorporated. If you do end up seeing that
someone else has pushed before you squash, I don't think that means a force
push is out of the question, but in that case, it would probably be good to
send a quick note to the dev list to make sure everyone is aware.

--
Michael Mior
mm...@apache.org