Thanks for picking this up. One of my students and myself wrote a lot of
the original code. For a while this was blocked on necessary changes to
Apache Arrow, but this has since been resolved. I'd love to see this get
merged. It would help to rebase into a single commit. I'd also appreciate
one more set of eyes before this gets wrapped up. Thanks again Hongyu!

--
Michael Mior
mm...@apache.org