Hello,

I am not sure whether this is the right place to discuss this problem, but I
don't know a better one.

I am looking at the streaming extensions TUMBLE and HOP. I wonder why they
require multiple functions and table functions each. It looks to me like they
can be implemented in a much simpler way.

  *
TUMBLE can in fact be a scalar function that takes a timestamp and returns a
timestamp (the start of the window). It can be just used in a SELECT statement,
like any other scalar function.
  *
HOP can be in fact a scalar function that takes a timestamp and returns an
array of timestamps (the start of all the windows containing the timestamp). It
can be used in a SELECT with an UNNEST for the array.

Then all this business about table functions and _START, _END is no longer
required.

Thank you,
Mihai