Hello Team,
Is there any way in the calcite framework to use runtime variables in Rel
Node in order to get the same variable back in the translated query?
Basically I want the same variable to be used back as the runtime parameter
after query translation.

Here I am talking specifically about using dynamic parameters in
table/column identifiers and not dynamic rex nodes.

Let's say in Teradata I can write below query
*TD*:  select employee_id, TRIM(employee_name) from :*table_name*

The translated sql should give back to me the same parameter in the query.
*say Trim is mapped to LTRIM*
*BigQuery*: select employee_id, LTRIM(employee_name) from :*table_name*

I believe we can only have static values in schema plus to
create tables/columns. But what about such cases?
Need to handle this gracefully with no string manipulation.

--
Thanks,
Ravi