On a slightly related tangent, I'm partly responsible for the hackish code
in FileConsumer's (old) isUnchanged() method (
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-250).

Camel 1.5's exclusiveReadLock feature is unfortunately still picking up
files too early, so I have to fall back to the deprecated behavior.  This
happens regardless of the file processing strategy (delete, rename, etc.)
Is there any chance the hackish double-polling stuff can be put back in to
2.0 as a non-default file locking strategy?  I can take a crack at it, I
just wasn't sure if the code was still in flux.

- aaron