Hi

In Camel 2.0 we have several components that are not used, abandoned
and/or in a questionable quality. We have touched this issue before
and kinda agreed to move them to a sandbox area in SVN. Maybe using a
different name.

I have compiled a list for suggested components to be moved:
=================

camel-activemq-web
- not documented
- not used
- Kinda experiment code from James

camel-jhc
- lack quality in codebase
- has not been active maintained for a long time
- not documented
- not used
- and its a constant pain to keep updated when we do cross component
refactorings

camel-jmxconnect
- lack quality in codebase
- has not been active maintained for a long time
- not documented
- not used

camel-spring-javaconfig
- depends on Spring JavaConfig SNAPSHOT
- Spring JavaConfig is kinda @deprecated as its moved to be part of
Spring 3.0 core
- not documented
- not used
- Kinda experiment code from James
- remove the camel-example-spring-javaconfig also

camel-supercsv
- has not been active maintained for a long time
- not documented
- not used
- and we have 2-3 other CSV components (flatpack, csv, bindy)

camel-swing
- has not been active maintained for a long time
- not documented
- not used
- confusing concept what you can integrate with Swing.
- (Kinda experiment code from James)

camel-uface
- has not been active maintained for a long time
- not documented
- not used
- confusing concept what you can integrate with Swing / UFace.
- Kinda experiment code from James

And the next two is more up for debate
===================

camel-testng
- has not been active maintained for a long time
- not documented
- not used
- testng is loosing the battle against JUnit 4.x

camel-hamcrest
- has not been active maintained for a long time
- not documented
- not used
- we do not used it internally for unit testing either

Any thoughts?

Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus