On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Charles Moulliard<cmoulli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can we have access to the content of the body using simple language ?
>
> eg. I have put a Request object in the body of my message and I would like
> to test one of its property : author
>
> <camel:simple>${in.body.request.author} == 'camel'</camel:simple>
No that will not happen.

The simple is not a real language but was mainly added for Spring XML
routing as you dont have
a real language in the XML to use and that it could help with 75%+ of
the use cases.
For instance for some predicate tests in a content based router or the likes.

But it cannot invoke methods based on a graph notation. Camel have
plenty of other languages
that can do this: OGNL, Mvel, EL, Groovy, and most of all them
http://camel.apache.org/languages.html

So pick one and you should be good to go.

> Regards,
>
> Charles Moulliard
> Senior Enterprise Architect
> Apache Camel Committer