All DefaultExchange specializations were removed in 2.0.0. What seemed a good idea initially proved to be unnecessary. This has been communicated in the 2.0.0 Release Note [1]: "Exchange api cleanup. Complete removal of specialized Exchange using generics."

The specialized Messages were preserved as they may deal with specialized types of body (payloads). You need use the DefaultExchange instead of CxfExchange. If you have any issues don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Hadrian

[1] http://camel.apache.org/camel-200-release.html