On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 8:31 AM, Christian Schneider
<ch...@die-schneider.net> wrote:
> Hi Willem,
>
> does it make sense to deploy if not all test succeed? This causes that
> sometimes snapshots will have low quality.
> I would prefer to only deploy when all tests work. Skipping some tests is
> sure ok for some time if an issue can not be worked
> out quickly. What do you think?

No I think its great as it is.

Camel have 4600+ unit test and still counting. It takes like 3-4h on
the hudson server to complete a test and it can break somewhere in for
some strange reasons. We see this on the Fuse CI platforms where we
got 10+ platforms to run Camel every single day.

At Apache people want to latest code in SNAPSHOT which also can help
when they want to verify a fix committed fixed their issue.
If we only deploy if 100% green then SNAPSHOT could easily turn weeks
old or longer.

The current setup is great as it is IMHO.

If you want SNAPSHOT which have 100% green they you can use the
SNAPSHOTs from the fuse repos.

> Greetings
>
> Christian
>

> Am 19.01.2010 03:10, schrieb Willem Jiang:
>>
>> I found this issue weeks ago, it looks like we just use the Apache Hundson
>> to deploy the camel kits now.
>>
>> And Gert said we can create two Hudson jobs (one for deployment and other
>> for running test) for Camel.
>>
>> It's time to get them started :)
>>
>> Willem
>>
>> chrislovecnm wrote:
>>>
>>> A quick question
>>>
>>> Why are the tests skipped during the CI Hudson builds? I have filed three
>>> bugs today that deal directly with unit tests not building or failing.
>>> IMHO
>>> these may have been caught if the test where not skipped.  Or a hudson
>>> build
>>> could be setup that nightly runs the unit tests?
>>>
>>> I am sure that there is a reason why the tests are off, but I was just
>>> curious.  Plus a bit frustrated that the build is broken :)
>>>
>>> Chris

Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus