Hi Christian

Hi Sergey,

I am just concerned with the dependencies jaxrs brings into our projects. The architects from the projects at my company that use camel and cxf complain about the many dependencies needed to simply do web services. So I am constantly searching how to have less dependencies.

Currently camel-cxf needs 81 jars.
When I remove cxf-rt-transports-http-jetty there are 77 jars left.
When I also remove cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs there are only 63 jars left.

cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs brings in aegis/xmlbeans/abdera/jettison but as far as CXF JAX-RS is concerned those dependencies do not have to be strictly available at runtime. ServiceMix cxf jaxrs feature adds the corresponding bundles at its init time.

Thus camel-cxf pom can be updated to exclude abdera/jettison and say aegis and possibly xmlbeans, would be up to 10 jars (abdera has 4/5 jars). Non ServiceMix camel-cxf users can add abdera/jettison dependencies if needed - perhaps camel users shoudl get an email in case such users who do expect camel-cxf to bring in abdera/jettison exist.

Willem - do you agree ?

cheers, Sergey

These are still more dependencies than I would like to have but at least a little better. After removing http-jetty the project still compiles without problems so I guess it could be removed.
The jaxrs dependency is currently needed and I guess it is not so easy to
remove it.

While checking the dependencies I found that the java.net repo is added in camel-cxf. I remember that recently Dan added the jaxb jars to maven central so I think this repo can now be removed. I checked with an empty local repo and was able to build camel-cxf.

Greetings

Christian