We discussed in this mailing list that the camel-cxf component (in particularly, the PAYLOAD mode implementation) was unnecessarily complicated. Here is a quick update. Using Dispatch APIs is probably still a long term goal. As fixing the defect https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-2614, I am proposing to leverage CXF's SourceDataBinding to facilitate un/marshaling of parameters into XML payload. As a result, we can get rid of the existing interceptors in camel-cxf which do some of the XML parsing. I think more importantly, we remove a hurdle to inherit CXF WS-* supports in PAYLOAD. Please see the patch in the CAMEL-2614 and let me know your feedbacks.

Thanks,
William