Hi

I wonder if we should consider dropping any official support for Maven
2.x on the Apache Camel project?
I guess most people is now migrated to Maven 3.0. And the last number
of releases has been done using Maven 3.0.x.

Also in light of JDK 7 is now GA, and thus there could be issues with
old Maven 2.x to use that to build Apache Camel.
And the maintainers of Maven is most likely to focus on Maven 3.x to
fix any JDK 7 issues and whatnot.

We may want to coordinate this with some of the Apache projects that
we work closely with such as
- Apache ServiceMix
- Apache Karaf
- Apache CXF
- Apache ActiveMQ

As some people use Maven to build all the projects from the source.

For example for Camel 2.9 we could put out in the release notes that
Maven 2.x supports is being @deprecated and expected
to be dropped in a future release. Then at least we have put out the
word that Maven 2.x is to be dropped.

Any thoughts?

FuseSource
Email: cib...@fusesource.com