Currently the file component uses a special message GenericFile to send files into camel routes. This is bad as several other parts of camel need to deal with this type. It is already a bit better now that I introduced WrappedFile as an abstraction of GenericFile so other parts of camel do not have to know details about the file component.

The big question is though can we get rid of this completely?

So my proposal is:

- Send files as File objects in the body of a regular DefaultMessage. We could also think about sending a FileInputStream
- Send other details as headers
- Also get rid of FileBinding

So what are your thoughts about that?

Christian