On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mmm - seems still to be there (on SendDefinition). I'm deriving a class from
> WireTapDefinition - which can no longer find getUriOrRef() moving from camel
> 2.7 to 2.8 :)
>
> On 8 Sep 2011, at 11:59, Rob Davies wrote:
>
>> getUriOrRef() was removed from ProcessDefinition between Camel 2.7 and Camel
>> 2.8  (not even deprecated) - what's the thinking behind that ?

Thet getUriOrRef() method is on SendDefinition, not on
ProcessDefinition. The method hasn't been removed, its frankly because
WireTapDefinition has changed. See a bit below.

The 2.8 release notes documents the model and API changes
http://camel.apache.org/camel-280-release.html

So the WireTapDefinition no long extend SendDefinition. Reasons are
two fold. It was improved to support new uses-cases asked by the
community. Also we had a look at the XSD from the model and found some
mismatches. In particular because 3rd party tooling and the likes did
surface some issues in the XSD, which end users did not discover when
they create Camel routes in XML. So we cleaned up those mistakes in
the 2.8 release. And we added a special DSL changes section to the
release notes.

FuseSource
Email: cib...@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com