On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:55:58 AM Jon Anstey wrote:
>> Hmm.. looks like the svnmerge metadata is messed up. First off the 2.7
>> branch is set up to merge from the 2.8 branch.
>
> That part is correct.    Fixes flow from trunk to the first branch to the next
> branch....       2.7.x is much "closer" (architecturally and API's and such)
> to 2.8 than trunk so the flow of fixes is easier to go that way.

Ah okay.
I guess this can make sense as we are most likely to backport fixes to
2.7 which has recently been fixed.
And the case I needed to backport is actually "old" (I think from May
2011), so that is like 4 months.

>> Next, it says all revs from
>> 1-1146127 are merged in - which isn't the case for sure. I've merged this
>> fix manually for you... not sure the best way to fix this up...
>
> I noticed this when I was working on merging stuff for 2.7.3.  I think
> "svnmerge.py init" messed something up when trying to figure out what version
> the branch came from.   I'm also not sure how to best fix it.  :-(    We could
> figure out the revision of the 2.7.0 release, re-initialize the
> svnmerge:integrated stuff based on that, and then walk through the hundreds of
> commits to double check.    Not ideal and would take some time.
>

> For the most part, you can "svnmerge.py rollback -M -r 1124595" to mark it as
> not integrated and then rerun the "svnmerge.py merge".

I guess we can leave it as is? And chances are we are merging recent
bug fixes back to the 2.7 branch?