It looks like it was not one of my best ideas... ;-)

My goal was to have one command to install all Camel features and see
whether or not we can successfully deploy all of them into Karaf.
I agree the better solution is to have an OSGI integration test for all our
components. At least we should have a (empty) test which use our features
file to deploy the component into Karaf (with the jre.properties.cxf)
configuration. I will have a look into our OSGI integraton tests an see
whether we can improve something here to avoid the issues we had with our
last release candidate. If so, I will raise a JIRA for it...

Best,
Christian