On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Glen Mazza <gma...@talend.com> wrote:
> Hi, is there a reason why Camel maintains separate "iBatis" and "myBatis"
> components--can we get rid of/deprecate the former?  Ideally, the renaming
> of a project should not need to trigger a second component in Camel,
> renaming the component (or aliasing it) should be sufficient.

There is end users who use ibatis. We cannot just remove it because
the project moved out of ASF and to their own community.

We could though add a note on the camel ibatis web page to tell people
to prefer to use MyBatis instead.
And mark it as @deprecated and to be removed for Camel 3.0.

And then remove camel-ibatis for Camel 3.0 we can remove the
camel-ibatis component

> Glen
>
> --
> Glen Mazza
> Talend Community Coders - coders.talend.com
> blog: www.jroller.com/gmazza

FuseSource
Email: cib...@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com