Hi

We have a discussion about the http3 vs http4 components also on this @dev.

A similar situation is with the camel-mina and camel-mina2 components.

As Mina 2.x is similar to Mina 1.x and has less API breaking than the
HTTP client.
You need to migrate if you use custom codecs with Mina as 1.x and 2.x
API is changed.

We could consider dropping the old camel-mina in favor of Mina 2.x only.
This would force people to migrate if they use custom mina codes if
they upgrade to Camel 2.10 or better.

We have a few components that use Mina as well such as
- camel-hl7
- camel-syslog

The hl7 is using the old Mina 1.x custom codec. We could upgrade that
to Mina 2.x.
Likewise for camel-syslog as it uses Mina 1.x as well.

Then we avoid having a mina and mina2 components in a released Camel version.
As camel-mina2 is added to the Camel 2.10 release, and its not yet released.

And have the situation for Camel 3.0. Whether we should remove Mina
1.x, and then rename
mina2 to mina. And if we wanted to keep mina 1.x component, then name it mina1.
This may confuse people.

Any thoughts?

FuseSource
Email: cib...@fusesource.com