We discussed a while ago how the Camel CXF component's modes don't really
"match" what CXF can provide.   It currently has two modes:

1) Message mode - it provides the full message kind of as a stream.
However, it specifically DISABLES much of the CXF processing of the message.

2) Payload - allows CXF to process it, but only provides the body.

However, in CXF, "Message Mode" really means access to the whole message,
but also processed and verified by CXF.   Thus, there is a mismatch between
the two semantics of Message mode.  There is also no easy way in Camel to
have the equivalent of the CXF Message mode.

What I'd LIKE to do is:

1) Introduce a new "RAW" mode which is the current Message mode.   Likely
for now, the two would just be aliases of each other, but I'd prefer to
promote usage of the new RAW mode name to keep it clear that it's not the
same as the CXF message mode.

2) Introduce a new mode that would mimic the CXF Message mode.   Just not
sure what to call it.  PROCESSED_MESSAGE?   Thoughts?

For Camel 3.0, I think I'd change MESSAGE to map to the new
PROCESSED_MESSAGE to keep semantics similar.   Not something to do now
though.

Thoughts?

--
Daniel Kulp