On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 7:55 AM, Willem jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com> wrote:
> FYI, I saw JB created new axiom OSGi bundle[1] in servicemix, maybe we can
> use that version in Camel feature.
>
> [1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4-1213

Is the intent to work around that issue? As the JAR from central repo
already is osgi bundle.
Here is its MANIFEST.MF content.

===================

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Specification-Title: Axiom Impl
Built-By: veithen
Created-By: Apache Maven Bundle Plugin
Bundle-License: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt
Import-Package: javax.activation,javax.xml.namespace,javax.xml.stream,
 javax.xml.transform.sax,org.apache.axiom.attachments.utils,org.apache
 .axiom.ext.stax.datahandler,org.apache.axiom.locator.loader,org.apach
 e.axiom.om,org.apache.axiom.om.impl,org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder,
 org.apache.axiom.om.impl.exception,org.apache.axiom.om.impl.jaxp,org.
 apache.axiom.om.impl.serialize,org.apache.axiom.om.impl.traverse,org.
 apache.axiom.om.impl.util,org.apache.axiom.om.util,org.apache.axiom.s
 oap,org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.builder,org.apache.axiom.util,org.apac
 he.axiom.util.base64,org.apache.axiom.util.namespace,org.apache.axiom
 .util.stax,org.apache.commons.logging,javax.xml.stream.util,javax.xml
 .transform,org.apache.axiom.ext.stax,org.apache.axiom.util.stax.wrapp
 er,org.apache.axiom.util.stax.xop,org.xml.sax
Specification-Version: 1.2.13
Implementation-Vendor-Id: org.apache.ws.commons.axiom
Bnd-LastModified: 1333397645994
Bundle-Version: 1.2.13
Bundle-Name: Axiom Impl
Bundle-Description: The Axiom default implementation.
Build-Jdk: 1.5.0_30
Private-Package: org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom,org.apache.axiom.om.imp
 l.llom.factory,org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.util,org.apache.axiom.so
 ap.impl.llom,org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.llom.soap11,org.apache.axiom.
 soap.impl.llom.soap12
Bundle-DocURL: http://www.apache.org/
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
Implementation-Title: Axiom Impl
Bundle-SymbolicName: org.apache.ws.commons.axiom.axiom-impl
Tool: Bnd-0.0.238
Specification-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
Implementation-Version: 1.2.13
Implementation-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation

> --
> Willem Jiang
>
> FuseSource
> Web: http://www.fusesource.com (http://www.fusesource.com/)
> Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (http://willemjiang.blogspot.com/)
> (English)
>           http://jnn.javaeye.com (http://jnn.javaeye.com/) (Chinese)
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: willemjiang
>

> On Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 2:33 AM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
>

>> It *MAY* have something to do with a co-existence with the Neethi version
>> that CXF requires, but not really sure. The latest version of Neethi would
>> definitely require Axiom 1.2.13 for SOME of it's operations that would use
>> Axiom, but I'm not really sure of the details. Thus, I think the reasoning
>> was CXF requires latest Neethi which requires latest Axiom if using Axiom,
>> thus, grab latest Axiom.
>>
>> That all said, I know the Axiom stuff in Neethi is optional and CXF
>> certainly wouldn't be using any of those code paths. If you want to test
>> things out, try the old axiom and then install the latest camel-cxf stuff
>> and see if that still looks OK.
>>
>> Dan
>>

>> On Aug 20, 2012, at 7:14 AM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com
>> (mailto:claus.ib...@gmail.com)> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I was looking into OSGi failures on Camel trunk, and logged a ticket
>> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-5522
>> >
>> > We have 3 components that do not work on Karaf 2.2.9.
>> >
>> > camel-atom
>> > camel-rss
>> > camel-hbase
>> >
>> > The latter camel-hbase is because we need an OSGi wrapped library of
>> > Hadoop HBase itself.
>> > Do we have a JIRA ticket for that?
>> >
>> > The former 2 errors is due an invalid JAR in central repo for
>> > http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22org.apache.ws.commons.axiom%22%20AND%20a%3A%22axiom-impl%22
>> >
>> > 1.2.13 has a problem causing Karaf to not read the JAR
>> > karaf@root> features:install camel-atom
>> > Error executing command: Manifest not present in the first entry of
>> > the zip mvn:org.apache.ws.commons.axiom/axiom-impl/1.2.13
>> >
>> > But using 1.2.12 works fine
>> > karaf@root> features:install camel-atom
>> > Refreshing bundles org.springframework.context.support (57)
>> >

>> > I wonder if anyone can remember the reason for the 1.2.13 upgrade? Was
>> > it just because of hey there is a newer release. Or was there some bug
>> > fixes we needed?
>> >
>> > I am asking as we may have to downgrade to last known working which is
>> > 1.2.12.
>> >
>> > In the latest release of Apache Camel 2.10.0, we use 1.2.10 as the axiom
>> > version
>> > http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/apache/camel/karaf/apache-camel/2.10.0/apache-camel-2.10.0-features.xml
>> >
>> > What should we do? Downgrade to 1.2.12 or 1.2.10?
>> > Can anyone remember why we need 1.2.13 ?

> [...]

FuseSource
Email: cib...@fusesource.com