On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 1:28 PM, James Carman
<ja...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> They were out of memory errors.  I am running on:
>
> Apache Maven 3.0.3 (r1075438; 2011-02-28 12:31:09-0500)
> Maven home: /usr/share/maven
> Java version: 1.6.0_33, vendor: Apple Inc.
> Java home: /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home
> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: MacRoman
> OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.8.1", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"

We have some instructions here
http://camel.apache.org/building.html

For example some maven opts to increase the maven settings to have more memory.

Now I can see you use Java 6 on Mac osx. The 64bit version of java6 is
taking up a lot of memory.
So I am forcing it to run in 32bit mode, which takes up less memory.
MAVEN_OPTS="-d32 -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m"

Java 7 should be optimized itself, so it figures out that you are
using below 32gb memory, and can avoid using too much memory in 64bit
mode. But Java6 still lacks that and is memory hungry on 64bit mode.

> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 3:19 AM, Willem jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What kind of error did you get?
>> Here is Maven Option I used to build the camel.
>>
>> export MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx900M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M"
>>
>> --
>> Willem Jiang
>>
>> FuseSource
>> Web: http://www.fusesource.com (http://www.fusesource.com/)
>> Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (http://willemjiang.blogspot.com/)
>> (English)
>>           http://jnn.javaeye.com (http://jnn.javaeye.com/) (Chinese)
>> Twitter: willemjiang
>> Weibo: willemjiang
>>

>> On Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 11:49 AM, James Carman wrote:
>>
>>> Okay, so my patch is "granted" by default. Good to go. Still waiting
>>> on a full build to work locally. I've given it 2G of memory and it's
>>> still failing. What does it take to get a full build working?

FuseSource
Email: cib...@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews