+1 on removing the deprecated classes.

Hadrian

On 10/30/2012 07:41 AM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
See ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-5534

In camel-spring we have a single @deprecated class that was part of
the earlier days (Camel 2.8 and older) where some Camel components was
dependent on Spring.

We have these classes in org.apache.camel.component from Spring. They
are all @deprecated.

davsclaus:~/workspace/camel/components$ ls
camel-spring/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/
CamelClassPathResource.java     ResourceBasedComponent.java     event
CamelResourceLoader.java        ResourceBasedEndpoint.java      package.html

As we have some classes in org.apache.camel.component in camel-core
also. We have a split package in OSGi.

As I have seen NoClassDefFoundErrors for components looking for the
classes in camel-core; without understanding why.
I wonder if we in Camel 2.11, should remove the @deprecated classes
from camel-spring all together. Then there is no split package in OSGi
and that can help with weird errors.

The caveat would be if some created a custom Camel component which
they have not migrated off the @deprecated classes, and then upgrade
to Camel 2.11, then these classes is gone.

Any thoughts?