In line comments.

---
Luca Burgazzoli

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 10:34 AM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Luca
>
> Good to see some experiments with this.
>
> The OUT functions is not needed as end users would only work with the
> IN message in the routes. We have deprecated OUT stuff in the Java DSL
> in some places.

Removed out and reduced to a single function method, this requires to explicit
set the type like:

   function((Message m) -> m.getBody() )
   function((Exchange e) -> e.getIn())

Is that ok ?

> Just a mind that the goal of Camel 2.18 is to be a gentle Java8
> upgrade where the APIs are backwards compatible, so end users can take
> any existing Java 7 based Camel 2.17 or older and compile as Java 8
> and run on Camel 2.18 as-is.
>
> Therefore we have so far only done Java 8 stuff internally in Camel,
> eg inside component implementations and so on.
>
> But your changes seems non invasive and can be a candidate to include.
> But we could consider marking that as "experimental" so we can do API
> changes for the next release, and when we get more hands down on Camel
> 3.0 where the APIs can be more Java 8 aggressive.

Is there an annotation or documentation convention for that ?

> Also mind that a goal of the DSL is also to let Java and XML be 1:1 so
> end users can use the same EIPs in either one, and usually an easy
> migration between them, as they are similar. Just be more cautious
> when working on Java DSL that you dont end up in a situation with
> something that is not possible to do in XML.

I think in xml it will be more about bean binding/method reference so it
should work out of the box but I will test it before merging.