This is a bit of a coincidence but recently I was also thinking about how
little Groovy DSL actually gives us over Java DSL, since I moved my team
from Blueprint DSL to the Groovy one. I primarily chose Groovy because it
makes payload transformation so much easier and the language itself has a
gentler learning curve for Java developers. (I've set things up so both
routes and transformation are in Groovy and compile down to bytecode with as
much static compiling as we can.)

After seeing the guys who are so used to XML DSLs struggle with Java DSL
some, it occurred to me that this can be a lot more developer-friendly for
Groovy users since the language offers a lot more when it comes to DSLs.

I also happy with deprecation of current camel-groovy for not contributing
much. However I earnestly feel we could do this much better. So last night I
had a crack at a Groovier DSL for Camel:
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Camel-Groovier-DSL-td5794343.html

Cheers
Sohrab