Hi

Okay so I suggest to post this on the front page and mailing lists.

Any comments?

New Apache Camel Logo - Open for proposals
====================================

The Apache Camel logo is a bit out dated so we have discussed in the
Camel PMC and community to come up with a new one.
We encourage anyone to participate by submitting a logo proposal
and/or share thoughts

The logo can be submitted by either:

- a PR on GitHub (preferred)
- file attachment to JIRA ticket:

And each logo should be:

- images should be added to docs/img
- each PR should contains a single logo

We are looking for a new logo that has two parts

- graphical logo
- The name: Apache Camel

So we can use the logo without the word Apache Camel, but also as a
combination of the two of them, eg as logo on the Camel front page.
Also if the logo can be vector based it would be a benefit, so it can
scale up and down nicely.

You can find details here how to contribute to the project and how to
work on the source code.
Such as how to do a github PR: http://camel.apache.org/contributing

The period is open until Monday 27th March 2017.

After the period the submitted logos will be in a public vote, and the
outcome of that vote will influence the decision on which logo to use
as the official Apache Camel logo.

At this time of writing there are two proposals submitted at PRs:

https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/1369
https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/1494

More information and questions can be asked at the JIRA ticket: