Hi

I do really like the idea of having the getMessage/setMessage APIs
that end users should use in 99% of the use-case, and then leave the
IN vs OUT for the special cases, or potential component developers.

I do think you should log a JIRA ticket. And surely get its done for
3.0, but I would like to hear more feedback from the community whether
they would like to see this added to Camel 2.21 as well? I can't think
that eg simple language and some of those dynamic scripting languages
could have problems with this change, but we should run the unit test
suite of core / spring and other important components, just in case.