Hi Nayananga,
I would look for issues of "New Feature" issue type and perhaps look
at some recently created ones, like in this filter:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12347865

There are issues for new components, like:

Or issues that enhance the core/platform of Camel, like:

As I've noted before we have new subprojects in Camel that could also
be interesting, and they're using GitHub issues. For those have a look
at some issues that have help wanted or easy fix tags/labels on them .
For example:

https://github.com/apache/camel-k/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+sort%3Aupdated-desc+label%3A%22easy+fix+-+newcomers%22

https://github.com/apache/camel-quarkus/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+sort%3Aupdated-desc+label%3A%22help+wanted%22

https://github.com/apache/camel-kafka-connector/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+sort%3Aupdated-desc+label%3Anewcomers

We have received a note from the GSoC coordinator at the ASF about
plans for ASF to be mentoring organization, but we haven't received a
request to tag issues for GSoC 2020. I guess that will happen soon,
but I don't have any further information on that.

You're always welcome to propose a topic yourself, and we can see how
that would fit in Camel.

zoran