Hi all, This is a quick reminder that everything is perfectly fine for me
to participate in GSoC 2020 if selected. This email is because recently
GSoC Program Admins sent us an email saying that if circumstances changed
due to COVID-19 we can withdraw from the program before May 1.
Below I have copied that email.

Thank You.

Nayananga Anuradha Muhandiram
Computer Science Undergraduate at  University of Jaffna
M  +94716369541  <+94716369541>
E  nayanangamuhandi...@gmail.com  <nayanangamuhandi...@gmail.com>
<https://web.facebook.com/nayananga>
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/nayanangamuhandiram/>
<https://github.com/Nayananga>
<https://stackoverflow.com/users/8036190/nayananga-muhandiram>
<https://medium.com/@nayanangamuhandiram>
<https://getupdatedvianayanangamuhandiram.blogspot.com/>

[image: Google Summer of Code]

Hi Nayananga Muhandiram,

This is just a quick reminder to please withdraw from the GSoC program
before Friday, May 1 if you are no longer able to participate in the
program this year. We know that COVID-19 is causing many disruptions in
folks’ original plans for the next few months, with many things changing
almost daily for many folks right now. If you took a job or internship or
your circumstances have changed and you can not commit to participating in
the GSoC 2020 program we understand. We just ask you to please withdraw
from the program now by going to your dashboard at g.co/gsoc and clicking
the withdraw button from your profile.

Orgs have to enter their final student selections over the next few days
and if they select a student that is unable to participate in GSoC they
lose that student slot. But if the student withdraws before May 1 the org
can choose another student to fill that slot, allowing both another student
the opportunity to participate this summer and allowing the org to bring
the student into their community this summer.

If you know you are not going to be able to participate please withdraw
before May 1 if at all possible otherwise another student is losing out and
unable to fill the unused student spot for GSoC 2020. This is particularly
devastating for orgs that can only accept 1 or 2 students.

Best, GSoC Program Admins