I’m uneasy about the use of the camel-kamelets subproject.  AFAICT there are no
voted-on releases, and the website certainly only has a ‘next’ version.

According to my understanding of Apache policy this means that no one other
than camel developers should be using kamelets, and they certainly shouldn’t be
used in production.

Furthermore, there seems to be a usage of kamelets by camel-k, corresponding to
a tag in camel-kamelets.  I would expect a subproject release to only depend on
voted on and released versions of other subprojects (as well, of course,
released versions of other software).

I would expect the cleanest solution would be to actually release
camel-kamelets after votes. We’d then be able to have non-prerelease
camel-kamelets documentation on the website and document the version links
between at least camel-k and camel-kamelets

Otherwise, I’d like an explanation of how the current state of affairs is
consistent with Apache policy…. I’m no expert, but this situation seems highly
unusual to me.

Thanks,
David Jencks