Hello Camel developers,

I would like to propose donating Camel Kit and Camel Kit Knowledge to
the Apache Software Foundation and continuing their development as a
Camel subproject.

I've been working on Camel Kit to help developers use AI coding
assistants for Camel integration development. It provides skills and
workflows for requirements gathering,
design, implementation, testing, migration, and troubleshooting. It is
available as a standalone CLI and a Camel JBang plugin, and supports
several coding agents so users
can work with their preferred tools.

Camel Kit Knowledge is the companion MCP server. It provides
searchable Camel documentation, component metadata, release notes, and
security advisories, along with
endpoint URI validation against the Camel catalog. The idea is to give
agents access to Camel-specific information and validation tools
throughout the development process.

The proposed donation covers these two repositories, both currently
available under the Apache License 2.0:

- Camel Kit: https://github.com/luigidemasi/camel-kit
- Camel Kit Knowledge: https://github.com/luigidemasi/camel-kit-knowledge

I recently published a walkthrough on the Camel blog showing Camel Kit
working with Camel TUI. It takes an integration from requirements to
running routes, then uses the same agent
conversation to inspect and fix its behaviour:
https://camel.apache.org/blog/2026/09/camel-tui-byoa/

I think this would fit well within Camel's developer tooling.
Developing it with the community would let us share and improve the
guidance we give coding agents, and keep it aligned with
Camel as it evolves.

I'd like to continue maintaining both projects and work with anyone
interested in contributing. If the community is interested, I'm happy
to work with the PMC on the software grant,
IP clearance, and repository transition.

What do you think?

Thanks,

-- 
Luigi De Masi

Reply via email to