Hi All,

Presto 0.186 version has as lot of improvements that will increase the
performance and improve the reliability. Some of the major issues and
improvements are listed below.

   - Fix excessive GC overhead caused by map to map cast.
   - Fix issue that may cause queries containing expensive functions, such
   as regular expressions, to continue using CPU resources even after they are
   killed.
   - Fix performance issue caused by redundant casts
   - Fix leak in running query counter for failed queries. The counter
   would increment but never decrement for queries that failed before starting.
   - Reduce memory usage when building data of VARCHAR or VARBINARY types.
   - Estimate memory usage for GROUP BY more precisely to avoid out of
   memory errors.
   - Add Spill to Disk <https://prestodb.io/docs/current/admin/spill.html>
   for joins.

Currently the Presto version that we are using in Carbondata is 0.166 , I
would like to suggest to upgrade it to 0.186. Please let me know what the
group thinks about it.

Regards

Bhavya