Hi, Kumar:
  Local dictionary will be nice feature and other formats like parquet all
support this.

  My concern is that: How will you implement this feature?

  1. What's the scope of the `local`? Page level (for all containing rows),
Blocklet level (for all containing pages), Block level(for all containing
blocklets)?

  2. Where will you store the local dictionary?

  3. How do you decide to enable the local dictionary for a column?

  4. Have you considered to fall back to plain encoding if the local
dictionary encoding consumes more space?

  5. Will you still work on V3 format or start a new V4 (or v3.1) version?

  Anyway, I'm concerning about the data loading performance. Please pay
attention to it while you are implementing this feature.

--
Sent from: