Hi,

+1

I agree with jacky,  we can store Info in table metadata. But here one
problem we can face, that is metastore connection issue. If there are lot of
tables and datamaps, doing many connection to metastore reduces performance.
In this case reading from one schema file will be better.

So if we are planning to store in metadata, then better while refactoring we
need to take care of almost reducing the metastore connection for getting
info of datamaps until and unless table is altered or any other similar
scenario.

Regards
Akash

--