Hi,

>>*1. How about creating a "tableName.segmentInfo" child table for each main
>>table?* user can query this table and easy to support filter, group by. we
>>just have to finalize the schema of this table.
We already have many things like index tables, datamap tables, just to store
this metadata, no need to create any table again,
maintaining would be difficult. Moreover show segments is not a more often
query, so better not to go for this.

>>2. For each partition to find out which all the segments it is mapped to,
>>currently we don't store this information anywhere. so, where are you
>>planning to store it? I don't think we need to calculate it every time.

We have a mapping right already, like table status file contain the load
name and segment file and corresponding segment file contains the partition
info with location.

Regards,
Akash R Nilugal

--