Hi,
I didn't reply to deprecation. *+1 for deprecating it*.

*And +1 for issue fix also.*
Issue fix, I didn't mean when *carbon.merge.index.in
<http://carbon.merge.index.in/>.segment = false.*

but when when *carbon.merge.index.in
<http://carbon.merge.index.in/>.segment = true and merge index creation
failed for some reason.*
code needs to take care of
a. Moving index files from temp folder to final folder in case of partition
table load.
b. Not failing the current partition load.  (same as normal load behavior)
I think these two are not handled after partition optimization, you can
check and handle it.

Thanks,
Ajantha