Hi jingych,

1. Use of CarbonThriftServer has been deprecated by the community since 2.0
release. Please use the "spark.sql.extensions" property to configure and
use carbondata as mentioned here
<https://github.com/apache/carbondata/blob/master/docs/quick-start-guide.md#option-1-starting-thrift-server-with-carbonextensionssince-20>
(Option
1).
2. HA for carbondata can be achieved by using the existing spark HA
implementation(
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/spark-standalone.html#high-availability
).

Please try the above mentioned solutions and tell us whether the problem is
solved or not. We can check further on this if some issue persists.

You can join slack for better communication with us using this link
<https://join.slack.com/t/carbondataworkspace/shared_invite/zt-g8sv1g92-pr3GTvjrW5H9DVvNl6H2dg>
.

Thank you
Kunal Kapoor