Hi everyone,

Currently, MV in carbon is supported as incremental or full refresh load
based on the type of query. Whenever MV is created with Average aggregate,
a full refresh is done meaning it reloads the whole MV for any newly added
segments. This will slow down the loading. With an incremental data load of
Average, only the segments that are newly added can be loaded to the MV.
With the Average function, incremental loading doesn't work directly as the
average of avg(col) in MV won't give correct results. To achieve
proper results we need the sum and count of the columns.

Following is the link to the design document. Please let me know
your thoughts about the same.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kPEMCX50FLZcmyzm6kcIQtUH9KXWDIqh-Hco7NkTp80/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks,
Shreelekhya Gampa