Hi Liang,

Thank you very much for your reply. I am giving answers side by side to your
questions

1.Did you use the latest master version , or 1.0 ? suggest you use master to
test

I have downloaded the latest version from GIT and compile it. It is
carbondata_2.11-1.0.0-incubating-shade-hadoop2.2.0

2.Have you tested other TPC-H query which including where/filter?

I just started recently and my future plan is to move towards whole TPCH
queries to see CarbonData performance improvements over Parquet. But right now,
I am just running my own queries with different projected columns to see how
well CarbonData can push down the projection.

3.In your case, the query is slow ? or the below "write.format" is slow ?
write.format("csv").save("hdfs://hdfsmaster/output/carbon/proj1/")

I have the same line for Parquet and Parquet is working perfectly fine. I don't
think , this writing is causing any problem.

4.Use master version to do query test , and set "ENABLE_VECTOR_READER" to true.
import org.apache.carbondata.core.util.CarbonProperties
import org.apache.carbondata.core.constants.CarbonCommonConstants
CarbonProperties.getInstance().addProperty(CarbonCommonConstants.ENABLE_VECTOR_READER,
"true")

Thanks for this suggestion. I will enable it and will share with you the
updated results.

Community is doing TPC-H test also currently, do you want to participate in
test together?

It would be nice to be part of this. Could you please guide me how I can
contribute.

Thank you

Regards
Faisal
1.Did you use the latest master version , or 1.0 ?  suggest you use master to
test 2.Have you tested other TPC-H query which including where/filter?
3.In your case, the query is slow ? or the below "write.format" is slow ?
write.format("csv").save("hdfs://hdfsmaster/output/carbon/proj1/")

4.Use master version to do query test , and set "ENABLE_VECTOR_READER" to true.
import org.apache.carbondata.core.util.CarbonProperties
import org.apache.carbondata.core.constants.CarbonCommonConstants
CarbonProperties.getInstance().addProperty(CarbonCommonConstants.ENABLE_VECTOR_READER,
"true")

Community is doing TPC-H test also currently, do you want to participate in
test together?

Regards
Liang

--