2010/10/22 Brandon Williams <dri...@gmail.com>

> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 3:28 AM, Chen Xinli <chen.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using 0.6.6 and find hinted handoff never work.
> >
> > In HintedHandOffManager.java # sendMessage(InetAddress endPoint, String
> > tableName, String key)
> >
> > QueryFilter filter = new SliceQueryFilter(tableName, new
> > QueryPath(cfs.getColumnFamilyName()), startColumn,
> > ArrayUtils.EMPTY_BYTE_ARRAY, false, PAGE_SIZE);
> >                ColumnFamily cf = cfs.getColumnFamily(filter);
> >                if (pagingFinished(cf, startColumn))
> >                    break;
> >
> > tableName should be key.
> >

> In 0.6, the HH schema is a SCF, where the row key is the keyspace for which
> the hints belong, the supercolumn name is the row key the hint belongs to,
> and the subcolumns are the IP addresses of the destinations.  What
> sendMessage is doing here is using the keyspace (tableName) as the row key,
> which is correct.
>
> -Brandon

You are talking about fetching row keys and IP from HINTS column family;
using tableName as row key is correct there.
This logic is in method deliverHintsToEndpoint

In sendMessage, using tableName as row key obviously is wrong. I think it
was caused by copying-sourcecode.

--
Best Regards,
Chen Xinli