You're right, quorum on index read is broken in the proposed
artifacts, and more seriously, 1530 isn't working.  Committed your
patch on 2081 and re-opened 1530 (and attached a patch).

>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/branches/cassandra-0.7@r1067260

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra