I don't think this is working out as well as hoped.

- the git mirror won't pick up anything under drivers/
- building the Java drivers is fragile and complicated, and there's a
lot of duplication with the "main" ant build
- patches that affect both Cassandra and JDBC are cumbersome since
they have to be committed separately (e.g.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2857)

I'm inclined to think we should move it back to trunk (but not have
multiple versions for 0.8 branch).  We can still tag/branch separately
from there.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra